NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Width and Display  (Read 2831 times)

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Width and Display
« on: September 25, 2008, 01:31:57 AM »
Hi All,

1) can someone explain to me what NetWebForm Table Width on Layout Tab does? If I put in a value it does not seem to anything but what would be nice is if you have say Tabs on your form the RHS only goes to the Table Width and not the Browser width just to frame it a bit nicer

2) The drop list on Forms Width option does not seem to do anything either - it just auto resizes to the longest value in the list. If it is being filtered by another field on the form looks a bit funny resizing

3) Is there anyway to set the width of a Display field on a form. Just messes up my formatting without it.

4) How do I control the colour of header fields in a browse box - the default is black but if I have a header on a button column it is white - is this in the CSS?

Cheers,

Kevin

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Width and Display
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:19:17 PM »
1. It set the width of the prompt/value/comment" table. This is not the same as the border though, so this width does not set the width of the border. (That would have to be done via CSS, and because each form is different that would take some effort.)

2. I suspect you don't have the latest build, since this was changed in 4.31 PR14. Prior to PR14 it was ignored for drop-lists, but now you can set it explicitly in Pixels.

3. Not yet, but I'll try and add one in.

4. yes it's controlled in CSS, but there should be no difference between a button column, and a text column. I'll test here to see if I can duplicate.

Cheers
Bruce

spot1701

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 12:17:49 AM »
2. I suspect you don't have the latest build, since this was changed in 4.31 PR14. Prior to PR14 it was ignored for drop-lists, but now you can set it explicitly in Pixels.

Yes that was an annoying one. I have been diligently putting in the character lengths into this field waiting for it to be fixed, only to find you change it to pixel length instead.

Can you not supply a "fixed/enhancement" list with your updates, like SoftVelocity do?
Thanks

Bryan

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 01:20:40 AM »
Hi Bryan,

The history is installed in your \clarion6\3rdparty\docs\nettalk\nettalkhistory.htm file.
This contains the history for "complete" but is not split by pre-release. Once the pre-release becomes an official release it's available here on the web as well;

http://www.capesoft.com/docs/NetTalk/NetTalkHistory.htm#Features%20History

The size issue with the Drop box is unfortunate. Drop lists do not respond to the usual "size" command, as used by entry fields and so on. So instead a small bit of CSS is used to mimic the effect.  But CSS works in pixels, and there's no easy way to match "pixels to characters" - at least not in an exact way. So rather than force an in-exact system on you I opted instead to give you complete control.

Cheers
Bruce