NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Copy and Paste and right Click  (Read 2276 times)

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Copy and Paste and right Click
« on: September 18, 2008, 07:08:23 PM »
I just noticed before (in this new topic message screen) that if I have a spelling mistake I can simply right click and select the correction and it updates the word in this textbox.

Is there any functionality (or planned) in Nettalk to be able to add right click popup menus to Browses?

I also noticed I can copy and paste text around from within this text box but also from documents on my desktop. This also seems to work for Nettalk. But can I add just a button to a form to suck in this data (on the clipboard) and do something with it or would I need to copy it into a text box first?

Thanks,

Kevin

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Copy and Paste and right Click
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:30:38 AM »
Hi Kevin,

>> I just noticed before (in this new topic message screen) that if I have a spelling mistake I can simply right click and select the correction and it updates the word in this textbox.

Yes, I use FireFox, and it seems to do this for me - but only in Text boxes, not in Entry fields.

>> Also noticed I can copy and paste text around from within this text box but also from documents on my desktop. This also seems to work for Nettalk. But can I add just a button to a form to suck in this data (on the clipboard) and do something with it or would I need to copy it into a text box first?

In IE you can easily get, and set, the clipboard using JavaScript. So yes, you can perform the cut & paste for the user. In FireFox, Chrome & Safari though (for security reasons) don't allow this. (Think about it for a minute - accessing the clipboard via JavaScript means that when you visit a site, the clipboard can be sent to the server. One more reason not to use IE!)

>> Is there any functionality (or planned) in Nettalk to be able to add right click popup menus to Browses?

Maybe much later on. It would take a fair bit of work to make it work "right".

Cheers
Bruce

Poul

• View Profile
Re: Copy and Paste and right Click
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 06:26:00 AM »
for ie only,  you can look at iespell.com it has a free personal use spellchecker.

i like the idea of not directly supporting the spell checker, let each user decide and install it if they wish.  It has played well with nettalk for me. zero work other than the download/install. 

for FF i have loaded a clipboard extension - the name escapes me, but it allowed the clipboard to be used - like ie.

but as bruce says, you are playing where the bad guys play, so the default more and more is to lock this stuff down :(