NetTalk Central

Author Topic: What can break the logic in a form wizard?  (Read 2228 times)

peterH

• View Profile
What can break the logic in a form wizard?
« on: December 13, 2016, 02:04:54 AM »
Hi,

I have a netwebform with Tab Style set to Wizard. It has worked for a while but all of the sudden the "wizard logic" is broken.
When first opened the Previous AND Next buttons are both enabled, but they are not responding when clicked. The Save button is disabled as expected. Only button that works is Cancel.

I've made several changes to the form but even after removing those the wizard doesn't work.

I have experienced this once before a while ago and IIRC I had to create a new procedure all over. However, this is not desirable as the form has 6 tabs and a load of embedded code so I'm looking for suggestions for what to do/where to look. Firebug is of no help since the wizard buttons dissappear when you start Firebug.

It's a major show stopper for us as we depend on this wizard for enrolling new customers into the system.

TIA
Peter

UPDATE: Finally, I managed to get the form working again. I did find two <br> tags in my xHTML and corrected them to <br />. However, that didn't help (besides, they had been there all along). Then, after switching the tab style back and forth between 'Wizard' and 'Default' a number of times (compiling after each change) all of the sudden the form worked as expected. That's good but I'm not convinced  I found the real cause of the problem. Keeping my fingers crossed that it won't happen again!
Peter
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 01:48:23 PM by peterH »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What can break the logic in a form wizard?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 03:29:05 AM »
when you get a problem like this it's a good idea to make a copy of the generated CLW.
Then if it "comes right" you can compare the generated CLW to the not-working CLW.
That often helps to understand what setting was wrong in the first place.

<<  Firebug is of no help since the wizard buttons dissappear when you start Firebug.

that seems a bit strangle. What do you mean they disappear?
Almost certainly the problem is bad HTML - (ie not xHTML) and the correct way to discover that is via Firebug.

cheers
Bruce