NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Browse field link to another browse  (Read 1577 times)

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
Browse field link to another browse
« on: January 12, 2014, 06:31:40 AM »
Hi,

I have a browse with a number field that is gleaned from another table. I would like to have this as a link to another browse that one could edit that table and return the update information back to the calling browse to be displayed. How would one do this?

Ashley

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Browse field link to another browse
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »
Hi Ashley,

I'm not sure I understand 100%. An example might help.
It sounds like you have something like a BrowseInvoices, which has a field "Total LineItems Value".
then you want o be able to click on the Value, go to the LineItems browse, edit the line items. Once that browse is closed then you want the Invoices browse to refresh to show the updated line-items value?

am I on the right track?

is the child browse going to be a popup? or a page?

why not just put the child on the page as a child of the invoices browse - like say the books example does? Then the things all take care of themselves...

cheers
Bruce

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 06:23:58 AM »
Hi Bruce,

You have the idea correct on what I need to have happen. More detail would help so here goes.

This is a memory form in which they select a startdate and an enddate, and then the location.

They then press a fetch data button to retrieve the data (SQL Table) which is stored in a temporary expense table(TPS). Now the browse on the form is using EIP to add and update records, kinda a spreadsheet way of doing data entry. So one of the fields shows hours worked for that week(TimeCard Data). My client would like to have a link in the expense browse to show the data in the TimeCard table that made the total shown on the expense sheet as a popup. Of coarse the TimeCard table will be filtered by UserID and the Start and end dates.

So far when the TimeCard browse is called I get a blank page. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ashley

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 02:04:00 AM »
Hi Ashley,

I think an example would be necessary. But use TPS as the root data in the example to make it easier. I don't think it's SQL related.
nind you, I'm not sure why you are using a temp table at all - but I guess you have a reason.

cheers
Bruce