NetTalk Central

Author Topic: VeriSigh Cetificate problem  (Read 3352 times)

Stan

• View Profile
VeriSigh Cetificate problem
« on: October 01, 2007, 02:42:54 PM »
Bruce,

On NetTalk websever VeriSign certificates work with IE6 and IE7 but NOT with FireFox 2.x or MAC Safari browsers.  We reloaded IIS and certificates work fine there with both problem browsers.

So we checked with VeriSign Support and they confirmed the problem was NetTalk not serving the certificates properly.  Seems there is a problem with Intermediate CA.  Our site is used for Credit Card transactions and 15-20% of our users have these two browsers, needless to say they freak when they get a warning that it's not a secure site.

Any idea when will this be fixed in NetTalk Webserver?  I see nothing in help file about Intermediate CA. Anyone know of a work around?

Sent an email to support but didn't hear back so I thought I would ask here.

Cheers,
Stan

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: VeriSigh Cetificate problem
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 10:36:45 PM »
Stan,

Any more details on what Verisign said was wrong?

Cheers
Bruce

Stan

• View Profile
Re: VeriSigh Cetificate problem
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:55:56 PM »
Bruce,

All they said was that NetTalk webserver did not serve the Intermediate CA properly.  You can contact them at www.verisign.com/support (they have link for Intermediate CA on fist page of support area). They also list a South African phone number on site as well.

I will send you an email with our website URL (so you/they can use as an example).

Hopefully it something simple and easy to fix.

Cheers,
Stan