NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Can't log back in after session timeout  (Read 1823 times)

Neil Porter

• View Profile
    • Email
Can't log back in after session timeout
« on: July 09, 2014, 01:38:29 AM »
I have an issue using a standard login window, created by the net talk wizard.

When I access https://orders.mydomain.co.uk I'm presented with my login screen, and I can login as expected, and I can access other browses and forms.

Assuming that my browser is sat viewing a browse, if I then leave my session to timeout, I'm presented with my login screen again, as I would expect, but the address in my browser is set to https://orders.mydomain.co.uk/mybrowseprocedure. I can enter the correct login details, press login, and the values in the form are cleared, but I don't appear to get logged back in. I have to remove the extra "mybrowseprocedure" from the address bar before I can login again.

Have is missed something within the NetTalk configuration?

Regards,

Neil.
Clarion 11.0.13244
NetTalk 11.04

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't log back in after session timeout
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 05:16:38 AM »
>> Assuming that my browser is sat viewing a browse, if I then leave my session to timeout, I'm presented with my login screen again, as I would expect,

Unfortunately at this point you were looking at a browse that "doesn't exists in the session memory" so if you navigate on the browse, it's not going to work.

The ideal solution is to trigger a re-load of the main index page when the session logs out. ie once the browse is no longer "valid" it disappears. If you remind me on this week's webinar I'll try and show how this is neatly done.

cheers
Bruce

Neil Porter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can't log back in after session timeout
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:34:58 AM »
Thanks Bruce, I'll take you up on that.

Speak to you tomorrow.

Regards,

Neil.
Clarion 11.0.13244