NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetWebPage displays unwanted header info  (Read 2954 times)

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
NetWebPage displays unwanted header info
« on: August 23, 2007, 03:36:10 PM »
Hi,

I have NetWebPage that calls one of several other NetWebPages depending on the values of a memory file record generated using a NetWebForm procedure.   It works but the conditional NetWebPages all have the header information shown below at the top of the page.

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 22:57:46 GMT
Server: NetTalk-WebServer/4.28
Expires: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:57:46 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, private,post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0
Connection: close

The conditional pages are all essentially just tables.  I can't see what is causing the problem in the source code.

If any one has a suggestion for getting rid of this problem,  it would definitely be appreciated.  Thanks.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NetWebPage displays unwanted header info
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:29:16 AM »
Hi Casey,

Fundamentally there are 3 kinds of "html" in NetTalk.

a) A Page (NetWebPage template). This is the "wrapper" that gets sent back to the browser. You can't include a Page on a page, because then you'd have 2 wrappers.

b) A Source (NetWebSource template). This is plain HTML, and is designed to be embedded on a "page". You can't (currently) call a NetWebSource as a URL since it has no wrapper.

c) the you have "Controls" in between. These can be embedded on a Page, or be called just by themselves. Examples of these are NetWebForm, and NetWebBrowse.

So in your case yo need to look at the bit you're embedding on the page. You need to change the template from NetWebPage to NetWebSource, or possibly NetWebForm (depending on what you are trying to do.)

Cheers
Bruce

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NetWebPage displays unwanted header info
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 11:13:26 AM »
Thanks, Bruce

I guess I just got too used to the flexibility of putting what I wanted where I wanted.   Not a problem, I will just use NetWebSource instead.