NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Help with Parent-Child Reports  (Read 2100 times)

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
Help with Parent-Child Reports
« on: January 17, 2011, 04:34:46 PM »
Hi ,
Using C7,2,7653 and NetTalk 5.02
I have a Report on a Parent file - works fine.
I added a child file and a Parent child relationship.
In the desktop version of the app I modified the report to put in a break on the parent and the report prints the Parents their children correctly.
I went to the Net Talk version of the same app and modified the Same report In Net Talk and added related child file and The Group Break on parent.   However the NET TALK APP Report tends to repeat the child records several times ( incorrectly).   The desktop version of the same report set up the same way prints the Child items correctly ( i.e. if there are two items, it prints only two items...).   The Net Talk App may print the each of the two child items 3 times each????????
Is this a known problem with Parent --> Child reports in Net Talk.   
Have tried several ways to configure the Net Talk report but can't get it to come out right....
Has this been addressed in a newer version of Net Talk.

Thanks,
Ron Jolda

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Help with Parent-Child Reports
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
Hi Ron,

I don't think your prob is related to Nettalk because the report templates are not Nettalk. All Nettalk is interested in is a PDF copy of the report to push out to the web. Can you just copy the report you did on the desktop version across to your web app?

Cheers,

Kev

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:58:16 PM »
Hi Ron,

my guess is that your report is using a global variable, or perhaps some external file record, in some way.
In the we instance of the report these variables are not being set as you assumed, so it doesn't work right.

As Kevin says, the report is the report - there's not much web code in it, except to prime stuff at the beginning, and to send the pdf file at the end. So if there's a difference, it's because the report is assuming something that's no longer true.

cheers
Bruce

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:12:36 AM »
THanks for this info Kevin and Bruce.
Now I know where to look.
I will import the Report from the Desktop app and see if that corrects the problem!!!!!!
Ron

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
You guys were right,
A little more tweaking of the Net Talk App and all is well!
Report comes out right - thanks for the reassurance!
Ron