NetTalk Central

Author Topic: popup messages from embeds. Can I use p_web.message()?  (Read 2535 times)

ozejohn

• View Profile
    • Email
popup messages from embeds. Can I use p_web.message()?
« on: December 02, 2008, 06:07:37 PM »
Hi,

I want to popup messages from embed points. I tried p_web.message() . It ran but did not popup a message. Is there any documentation on the various p_web methods I could use to work out how to use p_web.message?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: popup messages from embeds. Can I use p_web.message()?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:29:06 PM »
Hi John,

it's somewhat different depending on the embed point you are using - ie "when" the message will pop up. Are you wanting this to happen dynamically, as the user enters field, or when a specific button (like save, or cancel) is pressed?

cheers
Bruce

ozejohn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:15:04 AM »
Hi Bruce,

I was looking at what options I have for interactive messages. I would like to have something that works like a claron message statement. This would allow me to send a message from anywhere.

p_web.message() has a name that suggests it might be handy at least some of the time. So I wasn hoping to find some documentation on how it might be used.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 01:25:23 AM by ozejohn »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:46:08 PM »
Hi John,

You'll never be able to mimic the Clarion Message statement exactly. Fundamentally the browser is disconnected from the server, so you are already limited as to "when" a message is possible.

I need to document this process more completely in order to make it clear when you can, and can't, get a popup message.

Cheers
Bruce