NetTalk Central

Author Topic: FormBrowse performance of hidden tabs  (Read 1718 times)

ChrisLaurie

• View Profile
FormBrowse performance of hidden tabs
« on: November 23, 2010, 10:42:53 PM »
Hi All

I have a filter form that drives several browses, each on its own tab. This FormBrowse is called with a parameter that tells it which browse to display. Each tab then has a conditional display criteria.

This all works fine and I get a dynamic filter that is consistent across all browses.

My question is this: I can see from my debug trace that all the other browses are called, even if they are hidden. Also all the select browses that the form part uses are also called. Does this mean that the full back-end call to fill these hidden browses are also done? Is there a way to not call the browses or  selects until they are actually require? This would surely have a huge performance impact on me if I load lots and lots of browses from this one form.

Also it seems that the "Load Tabs on-demand" option does not work, it displays the word "spacer" and no data.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:37:36 AM by ChrisLaurie »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: FormBrowse performance of hidden tabs
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 08:29:35 AM »
>> Also it seems that the "Load Tabs on-demand" option does not work,

correct, that's a work in progress.

>> Does this mean that the full back-end call to fill these hidden browses are also done?

no. Select browses are specifically not included. The browse procedure is called, but it returns a placeholder, which is populated more fully only when the lookup button is pressed.

Browses on form tabs are more complicated - in some case they're populated - in other cases not. Specifically (as of now) if the tab itself is visible then the browse is populated, even if the form opens on a different tab.

Cheers
Bruce