NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Swtiching between link modes causes errors  (Read 2151 times)

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
Swtiching between link modes causes errors
« on: April 22, 2014, 05:05:56 AM »
Hi,

I have a C9 app with NTWS 7.34. I tried to switch the project's LINK MODE from LIB to DLL - to see if I could produce a smaller EXE with CLARun.dll required. But I got 93 errors. I then switched the LINK MODE back to LIB and then got 54 errors - where before there were none. All the errors indicate NT modules to have duplicates. Any ideas how to get my app back to normal again?

Attached is screen shots.

Thys

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
Re: Swtiching between link modes causes errors
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:13:33 AM »
Maybe the problem lies in the project's libraries list - attached is an image showing what it is like now. Is this the correct list?

Thys

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 05:42:21 AM »
you're on the right track.
I'm guessing maybe the app got updated from clarion 6 at some point?

what you need to do is remove "all" the duplicate libs - like netl and net, and then recompile. Once it's done once you shouldn't need to do it again (even if you switch).

cheers
Bruce

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 05:57:08 AM »
Used to be in C6 a long time ago - I wouldn't have thought that the app file will keep traces of the C6 legacy. But you're right, I removed all and recompiled. Problem is fixed and lesson is learned, thanks.

But Bruce, is the only link mode I can use with NT then LIB, because DLL gave more errors?

Thys

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »
Hi Thys,

>> But Bruce, is the only link mode I can use with NT then LIB, because DLL gave more errors?

unfortunately my psychic abilities are inconsistent, and probably won't be working again until next week, so it's hard to comment without seeing the actual errors. If you post them here I might be able to speed things up.

On the up side it's a lot more common for web apps to use DLL's, so I'm pretty confident you don't have to stag in Lib mode.

cheers
Bruce

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »
Bruce,

Please, I don't want to rely on your psychic abilities, we'll get lost... I thought it was a "cast in stone" situation that LIB is the only way. But I'll put together something and attach it here, because we have inconsistent runtime errors ("Access Violation") in the service app and I want to try and keep the CLA-dll's outside of the EXE.

Thanks

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 10:47:32 PM »
my guess would be that most people use DLL mode over Lib mode. So it's definitly not limited to Lib mode.