NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Web form question  (Read 2002 times)

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
Web form question
« on: July 10, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »
Hi,

For a web form, which embed points are guaranteed to be run once when the form is loaded and when the form is closed? Same question then also for a web browse.

Thys

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Web form question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 12:30:00 AM »
Hi Thys,

The browse and the form have a "Generate" routine. ie GenerateBrowse and GenerateForm respectively.
These will run once, but there are no guarantees that they won't run more than once.

there are no embed points guaranteed to run when a form or browse is closed, because the user can "close" them in any number of ways. Closing the browser, turning off the machine, just walking away (and letting the session expire), as well as choosing a menu item, typing something into the URL, pressing the BACK button, and so on.

Perhaps you should ask the question with a hint of what you are trying to do.

cheers
Bruce

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 12:51:06 AM »
Bruce,

On a login page a specific sequence of character positions matching the password needs to be generated once. It won't work if generated several times during the time the user is logging in - it needs to be done once only. I managed to get it working using a session value to remember whether the sequence has been generated. I was just wondering in general whether there is not a definite point in a procedure which would only be called once. I suppose the session value would then be the only way.

Thanks,
Thys

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:37 AM »
yes, use a session value.

cheers
Bruce