NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetWebServiceMethod - DCT column attributes  (Read 3790 times)

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
NetWebServiceMethod - DCT column attributes
« on: July 02, 2019, 12:57:22 AM »
Hi,

I remember that some time ago I reported that by adding an attribute to a DCT column in the External Name, caused problems. The templates used the full external name that includes the attribute, which is wrong.

Attached is a screenshot of such a setup, where the "guid" column in the Organisation table has an External Name value of "guid |READONLY" to instruct the Clarion db driver not to attempt to add a new guid, but let the db do the work. It now seems as if the NetTalk code doesn't return the guid (a PK value) for a newly inserted record in the response:

{
    "dbOrganisation_response": {
        "ServiceResults": [
            {
                "RESULTACTION": "insert",
                "RESULTTABLE": "Organisation",
                "RESULTRECORDID": "ORG_GUID=",
                "RESULTDESCRIPTION": "success"
            }
        ]
    }
}

Is there another way to get the new guid value? I know Clarion has a way by using PROP:ServerAutoInc. But this also needs additional code which the NetTalk template probably does not have. I really can't remember that it was necessary to do all of this just to get the newly insert guid back, so for now I assume it has to do with the columm attribute in the DCT.

Thanks
Thys

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NetWebServiceMethod - DCT column attributes
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 04:57:39 AM »
Hi Thys,

>> Is there another way to get the new guid value? I know Clarion has a way by using PROP:ServerAutoInc. But this also needs additional code which the NetTalk template probably does not have.

Tell me more about what code is needed here...

cheers
Bruce

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 05:02:29 AM »
Hi Bruce.

I expect the value of ORG_GUID to be displayed, which currently it's not as shown in red in the response.

My question about extra code, was maybe to change something that the guid is shown. I think that p_web.RecordIdentifier(Organisation) is the call to get the guid. Maybe additional code would help to get the correct value and not a blank?

Thys

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 10:25:21 PM »
Hi Thys,

>> I expect the value of ORG_GUID to be displayed, which currently it's not as shown in red in the response.

I agree.

>> My question about extra code, was maybe to change something that the guid is shown.

yes, I understood that. From your earlier post it seemed like you knew what this code should be? I don't use server-side guids, or server-side auto-numbering, so this issue has not come up before.

>> Maybe additional code would help to get the correct value and not a blank?

I'll research PROP:ServerAutoInc to see what this code should be...

cheers
Bruce

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 10:37:03 PM »
Hi Thys,

I have added an embed point in the InsertRecord:Table routine.
Just before the call to p_web.AddFile(Table)

I think the code you want in here looks something like this;

table{PROP:ServerAutoInc,n}= m

where n is the field number in the table (presumably usually 1) and m is usually 1.
(it seems it could be different if you have a multi-component unique key.)

So the first step is for you to test this with the next build to see if we are on the right track. If we are then I can look at possible ways to automate this for all methods.

cheers
Bruce