NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Memory Form Time Display - Time Resets to 00:00:00 - Regression?  (Read 2664 times)

Rob Mikkelsen

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - flashpott
    • View Profile
    • Email
Memory Form Time Display - Time Resets to 00:00:00 - Regression?
« on: February 07, 2011, 01:59:03 PM »
I must be the only person in the world who encounters this, but there appears to be a regression in the time display from NT4.  When a memory form calls itself the time fields are reset to zero.

Here is the link to my original NetTalk4 post that explains the problem in more detail:

http://www.nettalkcentral.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=317.msg1022#msg1022

I was able to duplicate this in the attached application, built with NetTalk5.15 dated 1 Feb 2011.  The previous NT5 version performed simlilarly.  When the save button is pressed, the Indexpage calls itself.  The date remains as previously set but the time is cleared.  And... yes, I did copy the web folder! <g>

If this is not a regression, what am I doing wrong?  This is the one remaining issue to resolve before putting the web server online.

Thanks!

Rob Mikkelsen

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Memory Form Time Display - Time Resets to 00:00:00 - Regression?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 09:38:35 PM »
Hi Rob,

It has to do with how, and when, values - especially time values - are deformatted - and indeed how they are deformatted. So this effect occurs (only) when a page links to itself on the Save button.

I've fixed it for 4.16.

cheers
Bruce

Rob Mikkelsen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 05:41:40 AM »
Awesome as usual, Bruce!  I assume you meant V5.16 - I can wait for it.

Otherwise, the transition to NetTalk 5 has not been difficult at all.  The WebShop certainly helped dodge any obstacles.

Thanks!

Rob

Rob Mikkelsen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:03 AM »
Bruce,

I missed the announcement of 5.16, but I just checked it today with V5.17.  The example I attached encounters a javascript error that I cannot resolve (and yes, I did update all the scripts and restart the browser).

I looked at it using my real web app and found that the time values still reset.  I will continue to look into it.  Any suggestions where I may be going wrong?

Thanks!

Rob Mikkelsen

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 12:12:43 AM »
I'll recheck the example Rob.