NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT5 Duplicating WebSource Procedures on a Form  (Read 2107 times)

Rob Mikkelsen

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - flashpott
    • View Profile
    • Email
NT5 Duplicating WebSource Procedures on a Form
« on: November 08, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »
I am just getting into NT5 and am trying to overcome one issue that I am experiencing:

On a form, it was possible in NT4 to embed a WebSource procedure by dropping it on a form as a "browse" procedure, but NT5 displays the procedure both inside the form and after the form and associated buttons.  I have looked for additional calls to the WebSource but there are none.  This effect also occurs on an Insight Graphing procedure called the same way.

Has the process changed?  How do you insert WebSource procedures within a form in NT5?

Thanks!

Rob

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NT5 Duplicating WebSource Procedures on a Form
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 07:10:58 PM »
Hi Rob,

one thing that changed is that Source's now correctly call their own routines.
So usually the "double up" is because you're calling the routine manually (inside the source) and it's being called automatically as well. So just check your source procedures for embed code you can now remove.

cheers
Bruce

Rob Mikkelsen

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - flashpott
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NT5 Duplicating WebSource Procedures on a Form
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 08:32:59 AM »
Bruce,

I thought that might be the case, but everything was set as handcoded.  Just to be sure, I looked solely at the embedded graph because there was very little handcoding in that.  I removed all embedded code from both the form and the graphing window except was was required to set the parameters for the graph, and even removed the value field refresh on date change.  Same result.  The graph displayed in the form (where expected) but was also duplicated AFTER the form.  Bizarre!  I found when I added the refresh calls back in that the embedded graph updated as dates changed but the duplicate graph was static.

I changed the entry type in the form from "Browse" to "Display" and entered the comment call '<!-- Net:DisplayDailyCount -->' as the text in the display field.  This worked, and still updates from the AJAX call to refresh the value so I am moving forward again; however, this is another thing to watch for when converting from NT4 to NT5.

I will try to modify your example to call the graphing via the browse call.  If I can duplicate the effect, I will send it to you so you can tell me where I went wrong! <g>

Rob