NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Date Picker Not Forcing Field Refresh (NTWS 4)  (Read 2147 times)

Rob Mikkelsen

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - flashpott
    • View Profile
    • Email
Date Picker Not Forcing Field Refresh (NTWS 4)
« on: May 17, 2010, 06:25:20 PM »
I have an embedder form via a browse call (.jpg below) that I would like to auto-refresh when I select the date or airport.  The date change refreshes the form just fine if it is typed into the date field, but the form is not refreshed when the date is selected via the date picker.  

Is there a way to accomplish this, or should I just turn the date field into a string so it will always update the embedded form fields?

Thanks!

Rob

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rob Mikkelsen

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - flashpott
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Date Picker Not Forcing Field Refresh (NTWS 4)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:01:17 AM »
UPDATE:  This anomaly occurs with Safari, but the field updating works fine with Firefox and IE6.  So - it appears to be nothing more than a browser problem.  Since the good folks in the FAA are locked into using IE6 this probably is not an issue.

It appears that in Safari when the value from the date picker is posted to the date entry screen, this is not sent to the server.  Is there a way to force that in server-side code?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Date Picker Not Forcing Field Refresh (NTWS 4)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 10:53:21 PM »
Hi Rob,

I'm testing with Safari 3.1.2 on Windows,
and it appears fine.

Watching the log, I can see a packet arrive at the server when a date is selected in the calendar.

So the question becomes - is it the event from the browser that's missing in your case (ie watch server log) or is it the refresh, being sent back to the browser, which is not being correctly applied?

cheers
Bruce