NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NewWebSource As Child of a Browse - How to Pass Variables?  (Read 1991 times)

Rob Mikkelsen

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - flashpott
    • View Profile
    • Email
NewWebSource As Child of a Browse - How to Pass Variables?
« on: August 02, 2009, 05:48:15 PM »
I would like to display additional information when a user clicks on a list in a browse table.  This will probably be HTML code, not a child browse, so a NetWebSource procedure seems to be in order. 

I have a procedure I use for testing that lists the contents of the value queue, and also one that lists the contents of the current session queue (neither of these are thread safe, of course...).  However, when displaying the session queue or the value queue, I don't detect any change in the data contained therein when the source procedure is called.  What variable is being passed?  I assume it is the unique, unchanging single element key field from the parent browse but I fail to find it.  The value passed in the session queue is the first selected record ID.  Selecting another record does not appear to change the data in either the value queue or session queue.

I inserted this NetWebSource procedure before my calls to the other two child records in the routine I used for testing.  Will having other children present skew the results even if they are supposedly called after the source procedure?

Thanks!

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NewWebSource As Child of a Browse - How to Pass Variables?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »
when you click on a browse line, 2 requests are set to the server.

a) an async update is sent updating the SessionValue of the key field in the browse. eg
GET /mailboxesbrowsecontrol?&_ParentProc=&_Clicked=1&id=MAI:MailBoxNumber&Value=1
In this case I clicked on a row in the MailBoxesBrowseControl, and the new value of Mai:MailBoxNumber is 1.

b) A call to the NetWebSource to update is also made. (The NetWebSource needs the Ajax DICV option turned on.)
GET /nws_mailboxesbrowsecontrol?refresh=MAI:MailBoxNumber&MAI__MailBoxNumber=1&_ParentProc=MailboxesBrowseControl&_Silent=0&

NWS is the function I was calling. As you can see the Mai:MailBoxNumber is passed as a parameter (ie use GetValue) to this procedure.

Cheers
Bruce