NetTalk Web Server > Web Server - Ask For Help

LetsEncrypt Certificate Renewal

<< < (2/3) > >>

DonnEdwards:
The certificates update every 30 days if you are running the NT Server app as an application. I ran the server app for 5 months with no need to manually update the certificates.

I changed the properties of the .exe to run only one copy, and then created a scheduled task than ran on login (that was set to automatic using netplwiz) as well as every 30 minutes. Just make sure that you set it to not run if an instance is already running. As long as the app doesn't generate any GPF messages, you should be fine, even when Windows Update requires a reboot.

Bruce:
>> Yes,  I too would appreciate knowing whether certificates are or can be updated if the app is running as a service.

should work as a service, yes.

Cheers
Bruce

osquiabro:
Bruce, my certificate don't renew automatic when run as service, my service have a local account with administrator privileges, does need any special setting?

Bruce:
no, I don't think it needs any special setting.
I'll try it here to see if it works as a service, but I've not had any reports of it not working as a service so far.

osquiabro:
I am reporting it, I have two clients that the renewal as a service has never worked, I have to renew it without the service

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version