NetTalk Central

Author Topic: transfer-encoding: chunked  (Read 2862 times)

Djordje Radovanovic

• View Profile
transfer-encoding: chunked
« on: May 06, 2014, 06:36:29 AM »
I made application as WebServer to receive some xml data in aes-256 encrypted mode. This application decrypt this data and store it in database. Everything works well when I am sending data from my application. WebServer receive this data and do just it meant to do, but (there is always some but) when I receive same data from HW which pack XML in a same way (aes-256) I have problem.

transfer-encoding is chunked.

This mean that I receive data in small packets and after last packet I have whole message that I could decrypt.

My server receive only the first part of message with header. Header has all elements I need to recognize it but only difference is that I have attribute transfer-encoding: chunked.

My question is:
How can I receive the rest of message when I recognize this attribute in a header?

Best regards,

Djordje Radovanovic

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: transfer-encoding: chunked
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 07:38:36 AM »
Hi Djordje,

which build are you on? All "recent" builds (certainly from the NT7 days) support incoming "chunked" transfer-encoding.
So there should be nothing specific for you to do, the "complete request" will be passed to WebHandler as normal.

Cheers
Bruce

Djordje Radovanovic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 11:01:02 PM »
Hi Bruce, I am on 8.10 NT. As I learn from your post that chunked is supported I dig into my code to understand why I am not receiving message.
Well, webserver detect header and post message details into log queue but request never reach my web page.

This is from log queue:
POST /report HTTP/1.1
Host: 188.2.94.2:82
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Type: text/xml
transfer-encoding: chunked
TSS: 1.00
TSN: SDC001000670
TMM: 2301
TSW: 2.1302.2.8
Content-Encoding: aes-256

and that is just what I need. But report page has never been hit.
I walk through debugger and found that in a NetWeb.clw Process method WholeRequestFound never change state from false to true and I believe that this is the reason why I am not receiving this request.

Is there something I can do to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Djordje Radovanovic

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 11:43:24 PM »
Hi Djordje,

ok, you'll need to do a bit of debugging to see what's going on. The key will be in the NetWeb.clw file, .Process method, ParseIncoming routine.

You should inspect the last 9 chars of self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data there to see what the end of the request looks like. it should end with the ascii values;
13 10 13 10 48 13 10 13 10

If you add a trace statement there - something like;
x# = self._ConnectionDataQueue.DataLen
if x# > 9
  self.trace( val(self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data[x#-8]) & '  ' & self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data[x#-7]) & '  ' &self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data[x#-6]) & '  ' &self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data[x#-5]) & '  ' &self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data[x#-4]) & '  ' &self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data[x#-3]) & '  ' &self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data[x#-2]) & '  ' &self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data[x#-1]) & '  ' &self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data[x#-0]) )
end

An incoming "chunked" request should go through this routine a few times (one for each incoming packet) but once it is "finished" it will be interesting to see what the final 9 characters are set to.

background:
A POST appears in the log twice - once when the header has arrived, and a second time once the data has arrived. If it only appears once then it "never got to the end of the data".

background:
A normal POST sends a "content-length" so we know when we've got the end of the packet. Chunked sends in multiple packets, with each packet containing the length of that packet. It ends with a packet of 0 length.

Cheers
Bruce

Djordje Radovanovic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 02:43:28 AM »
Hi Bruce,

One <13,10> is too much.

if instring ('<13,10>0<13,10><13,10>', self._ConnectionDataQueue.Data[1 : self._ConnectionDataQueue.DataLen],1,1)
    WholeRequestFound = TRUE
  end

best regards,

Djole

Djordje Radovanovic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 09:58:39 AM »
Hi Bruce,

just to mention it is not tweaked in this 8.11 so it stays for tweaking in a new version.

Best regards,

Djordje Radovanovic

Djordje Radovanovic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
I downloaded yesterday and installed your new version  ;D.

Obviously, when I compare last download and this new one there is no difference but this is my screenshot from this morning.

So, as you often say

Cheers

Djordje Radovanovic

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 02:51:32 AM »
That's cause I updated the NetTalk Lite build yesterday, and accidentally told it to upload the docs - which are in an Interim state....

Djordje Radovanovic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 03:45:09 AM »
Bruce this is not fer. You deleted my last message which was my message to promote me from Jr. member to Full member.

Please do not delete this one  ;D

Best regards,

Djole

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 01:26:20 AM »
Hi Djole,

;D - I don't delete them to keep your posts down, but if the thread gets too long this forum software seems to "lock the participants out" of the thread. I can only assume it's some sort of "flame war" defense, but it's a real pain. So if I see a thread getting long, I'll remove some of the "non important" posts in order to keep it alive.

So, don't worry, it's not personal  :)

(I deleted one of my own from this thread to create this one :) )

cheers
Bruce