NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Why are my changes not showing after a compile?  (Read 1889 times)

dcpeders

• View Profile
    • Email
Why are my changes not showing after a compile?
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:55:19 AM »
Clarion 8, Nettalk 8

When I make a simple change to a entry field and compile, the change does not show.
If I close the Application in Clarion and then reopen it and compile then I see the changes I made.

Why do I need to close the Clarion App in order to see my changes?

I must have a setting wrong in clarion, but I can not figure out what it would be.

Any suggestions or help? please.

Thanks,

Dave Pederson

BradT

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Why are my changes not showing after a compile?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 07:35:52 AM »
Dave,

I've had the same issue from time to time.  What I normally do is add a simple line of code somewhere in the procedure I am working in and then change it upon exit of the procedure before I compile.  (Unless I am writing code and then it wouldn't matter.)  Usually I just add "If 1 =1." several times and just delete one when I exit.

Kind of a messy fix but it tricks it into compiling all my changes.

Hope that helps.

Brad

dcpeders

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 08:04:32 AM »
Thanks Brad, I'll give it a try.

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 01:08:17 PM »
I haven't proved this for sure but I think that in some editing circumstances you need to 'save' right back to the 'Application Tree' before you compile.  Note that if you don't and you get errors posted in the compile that you can't edit the source until you've saved (and you get an error message to that effect) which is indicative of something not being completed..

It may be good practice to save back to the beginning, I do now and haven't had that problem since.

Keith
Clarion 10.0.0 build 12799
NetTalk 9.31
StringTheory 2.65
InsightGraphing 2.27