NetTalk Central

Author Topic: So many browses, so many errors  (Read 2015 times)

Matthew51

• View Profile
    • Email
So many browses, so many errors
« on: March 02, 2020, 02:27:01 PM »
NetTalk 10.40

What I'm doing is a bit confusing so I'll do my best to explain. I've run into a few and had to hack some solutions. Perhaps my solutions could be worked into NetTalk?. I have a Tag Master Browse, and inside that browse have a Tag Browse.

Problem: Only the last browse would be able to know what record to work with when the check box was clicked. The cause is all the browses have the same loc:RandomBrowseId value.
Solution: Include the parent row when calculating loc:RandomBrowseId. As I don't have an embed point right after it's set I put the following code in "Start of Procedure"
Code: [Select]
        IF p_web.GetValue('_rid_') = ''
            p_web.SetValue('_rid_', p_web.Crc32(clip(loc:parent) & lower(p_web.GetValue('_parentRow_')) & ' TagBrowse'))
        END

I also have Product Browse to the side of the Tag Master Browse.
Problem: As it is after Tag Master Browse in the code p_web.GetValue('_parentRow_') still has a value at this time. This caused the browse to not respond to any update events.
Solution: I put p_web.DeleteValue('_parentRow_') at the start of Product Browse. Perhaps a better place would have been at the end of Tag Master Browse.

If these are already fixed in NT11 you can dis regard my post.

Thank you
Matthew Leavitt

Contractor with 10+ years of NetTalk experience looking for work.
www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-leavitt
BisWare.ca
Check out my free EasyTime Template

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: So many browses, so many errors
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 10:08:54 PM »
Hard to comment Matthew given that you're on build 10.40, and this stuff is getting tweaked under the covers all the time.
So the code in NT 11 is already a little bit different.

but if you want to make an example app I can give it a try here and see what happens.

cheers
Bruce