NetTalk Web Server > Web Server - Ask For Help

Requesting number of rows to display on every form.

(1/1)

ozejohn:
I always displays browse controls from forms. I also always use paged loade browses. Users want to vary the number of rows displayed.

I want uses to allow users to enter the number of rows to display. I then override the default number of rows displayed. It would be handy if I did not have to add this field to every tab on every form but could capture it in one place all the time.

I would like to put this field to be available from every form. Is there a way of putting a entry field in a header or footer and getting its value returned to the server. The value needs to be saved in a session value.

Bruce:
Hi John,

There are a number of questions here.

a) you can of course set the records-per-page on the template to be an expression. So in your case something like;
p_web.GSV('linesperpage')

b) you'd then be able to set linesperpage on any form. Presumably then having the browse as a "reset field" of this.

c) I've never tried it, but I think embedding a form in the header is possible. So that's ok. BUT

d) embedding a generic reset form would not allow you to "reset the browse when the form field changed" - or at least not from the template setting. so this is the thing that's gonna stump you.
So I don't think the "generic" approach will work.

Cheers
Bruce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version