NetTalk Web Server > Web Server - Ask For Help

Image in browse oddity

(1/1)

Mike Grigsby:
Just mentioning this really: I've got a browse with a picture in the first column. It's a scaled down image from a full size image (using the width and height properties on the template pane for that column). My problem is I don't know the exact image ratio the client will use (digital images are not the same as a scanned film image), so I was trying to let them set the default H and W in the setup. This works perfectly until a user clicks on a header to re-sort the page. Then the pictures lose all their sizes and show up usually in full size. It's very weird. The source still shows the right image size, but it sure doesn't appear correctly. This is in FF3.

Bruce:
Hi Mike,

I'm not getting the effect here - so it may be related to your "variable method" - or it may be related to your browser. first thing is to determine which, so...

a) open example 26 (File Upload) as this is an example of images in a browse. You'll need to change the browse to page-loaded, and server-side-sorting.
check if the same effect happens to you there. (if it does we need to investigate the browser version further.)

b) assuming (a) is all ok, we turn our attention to your method for letting the user set the width and height. Are you loading them direct from a file? If so make sure they're in the VIEW (ie add them to the hot fields). If you are setting them from a variable make sure it's a Session Variable, not a Value, and not a local variable.

Cheers
Bruce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version