NetTalk Web Server > Web Server - Ask For Help

cancel button cancels parent form

(1/1)

ozejohn:
Hi,

I have a form that calls a number of procedures from various tabs. The form has a save and cancel button. On one of it's tabs the form has a button that calls another form directly to insert a record. When you click on the cancel button on the child form it does not just cancel the child form. It also cancels/closes the parent form.

I would expect cancel or save on the child form to effect only the child form not the parent.

Is it possible to call a child form directly from a parent that is also a form in such a way that saving or cancelling the child returns the user to the parent form. Closing both the parent and the child form when the child form is cancelled makes it difficult for me to do a lot of the things I need to do.

Bruce:
Hi John,

I'll look into it.

Cheers
Bruce

ozejohn:
Bruce,

Thanks. This is important to me. I need to push the limits on Nettalk to convert my main app. This is one of the more important items I need. As I have a lot of situations where I need to call forms from other forms.

John

Bruce:
Hi John,

I tried duplicating the effect in the Accounts (31) example. This has a procedure UpdateInvoices, which contains the LineItems browse - hence an Insert button to add line items.

However if I cancel the LineItem it does not cancel the Invoice I am updating.

So I think it may be specific to your situation. Specifically;

a) the button you are using to call the form or
b) the URL-on-Cancel that the form is set to.

If you don't figure it out, can you please post an example here of your approach, and I'll see what's happening inside that.

Cheers
Bruce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version