NetTalk Central

Author Topic: more Google maps questions  (Read 2965 times)

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
more Google maps questions
« on: September 03, 2013, 10:23:07 AM »
With Don Ridley pointing me in the right direction I have integrated the Google Maps api into my web app - it shows scheduled service jobs with markers and information for each repair job.

What I want to know is where to start making it interactive, if possible. I want the user to be able to do something on the map, such as click a link or a control and have that action feed back to my NetTalk web server app. Probably easiest would be to put a link in the info window for the map marker. I want the user to be able to select a service technician to assign to the job that is indicated by the map marker.

What do I need in the Google Maps page to post/get to my server app? Session ID, etc.? To create the Google Maps page I use a NetwebPage and mostly javascript from the Google API - so I can add anything to the map page that I want.

Chuck

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: more Google maps questions
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:11:01 PM »
Hallo Chuck,

Did you succeed to implement what you describe bellow?
I'm interested to implement something like this in one app.

Thank you,
Robert

debzidoodle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »
I did something similar in my app, and I created a netWebPage procedure that outputs xml of the map items and the URL(s) that I want... links to forms for the specific record usually.  Then used those urls for buttons or whatever on my map pins.  Consuming the xml data via javascript of course.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »
Hi Robert,

If you are planning a new project to use maps then you might want to wait for the NT8 release.

Cheers
Bruce

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 03:28:10 AM »
Hallo Bruce!

Thanks for the good news!
Yes is for a new project. Do you have any approximate date for NT8 release?
Also can I set some points on the map and when I click them to show small tooltip or popup ? and on this tooltip or popup to have a button that could insert a new record based on the position? 

Thank you,
Robert

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 08:34:44 AM »
Hi Robert,

Projected date is sometime this quarter.
I can't commend on specific functionality at this stage, but I think it'll be a nice implementation.

cheers
Bruce