NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Tabbing/focus problem  (Read 2943 times)

jtdunn

• View Profile
    • Email
Tabbing/focus problem
« on: October 27, 2008, 08:38:37 AM »
On a netweb form I have a quantity entry field and a stock number field after that.  The stock number field also has a lookup button.  I have code in the Validate:OrdDetail:Quantity routine to update the order amount by multiplying the quantity by the sell price.  The calculation updates the order amount column correctly.  The problem I have is that when tabbing off of the changed quantity field the cursor moves to the stock number field briefly then the focus leaves the web page.  The user has to reselect the stock number field or tab through all of the browser controls to get back to the form fields. This is pretty annoying.  I originally thought this behavior was related to the embed code in the Validate::OrdDetail:Quantity routine but this happens even when I comment out the embed code. Is there any way to ensure that the cursor remains in the fields that have just been selected?

I tried this using FireFox and am experiencing the same problem although pressing tab after this happens brings focus back to the correct field.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tabbing/focus problem
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:44:56 PM »
Hi John,

Can you duplicate in one of the examples? Or make a small example of the effect and post it here?

Cheers
Bruce

jtdunn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 05:37:34 AM »
Hi Bruce,

I'll try to reproduce this in one of the example apps or build something that does. 

John

Poul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:14:16 AM »
any word on this?
I am seeing it on a number of fields.

even in web 31 - any time you actually update a qty and tab
you can see the behaviour.

eg: Change a lineItem QTY or  Update a Product and change the price, tab should take you to the save button, but it does not.

poul

Poul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »
OIC,  if i set the Validate immediately to No,  then it behaves much better.

You loose the nice auto-formatting though - as an aside this also corrects a problem with  alignment/position.  If you have many fields spanned together - it would appear that the validate immediately causes quirky "microshifts" during date entry  - turning off the validate eliminates this.  (bruce i guess this is a bug report)

poul