NetTalk Central

Author Topic: 2 Questions: Multiple Footers and Variable Port Number  (Read 3132 times)

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
2 Questions: Multiple Footers and Variable Port Number
« on: November 17, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »
1. I'll probably figure this out, but wondered if anyone has any advice on how difficult it is to use multiple header and footer procs in an app based on the group of web pages to be served up.

2. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to dynamically set the port number for an app. I want the customer to be able to determine which port it should run on, but I've tried putting it in as a global variable, like !G:Port, etc., and can't seem to figure out where I can restore it from an INI file setting.

Thanks for any ideas on these! MikeG
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

Wolfgang Orth

• View Profile
    • oData Wolfgang Orth
Re: 2 Questions: Multiple Footers and Variable Port Number
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:43:06 PM »
Hello Mike,

1. I'll probably figure this out, but wondered if anyone has any advice on how difficult it is to use multiple header and footer procs in an app based on the group of web pages to be served up.

The header / footer is usualy a NetWebSource. Add a NetWebBorder. In the HTML-Tab (you can define a condition here) you add a HTML-formed comment pointing to a f:(file)variable which points to a text-file:

<!-- Net:f:inc\myfooter.inc.txt -->

I have a folder called inc, where I store all txt that get included. Those files may comtain HTML-tags and may be modified at runtime, no recompile needed!

2. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to dynamically set the port number for an app.

look at the Extension Template of the NetWebServer object - Tab "Settings" - 'Listen on Port: ' and add your variable here.
I feed the variable at startup from an INI, works well.

hth
Wolfgang