NetTalk Central

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Web Server - Ask For Help / Re: Partial Save? (extra info)
« Last post by JohanR on Today at 06:50:00 AM »
Hi,

Further info , this works if the field you're changing is on the page.

ord:special_instructions = 'Partial save2222'
   p_web.SetValue('ord:special_instructions',ord:special_instructions)

if the field that your changing is not on the page, then you have to set the session variable as well.

ord:special_instructions = 'Partial save2222'
   p_web.SSV('ord:special_instructions',ord:special_instructions)
   p_web.SetValue('ord:special_instructions',ord:special_instructions)

regards

Johan

Web Server - Ask For Help / Re: Partial Save?
« Last post by JohanR on Today at 06:33:15 AM »
Hi Ron

Thanks,
but am using buttons on the form to save the form but leave it open, or if it was inserted will save and convert to a change record situation.
Very useful.

eg.
User is doing a quote in insert mode, and if he's happy , converts the quote to a confirmed order.
This way the user can confirm, and keep editing and update the other required information without leaving the page, name, address etc..but the order has been confirmed and saved.
Or he decides to add to to next the despatch , and don't want that add to happen with a record that is in insert mode.

regards

Johan

Web Server - Ask For Help / Re: Partial Save?
« Last post by rjolda on Today at 02:16:17 AM »
Johan,
What are you working with - a Form or MemForm?
There are several methods available for Before writing to file and after writing to file.  Make sure your code is in the Before writing to file.
Ron
Web Server - Ask For Help / Re: Old wizard
« Last post by osquiabro on May 24, 2024, 06:57:06 AM »
by the way the login wizard generate LevelBenign without :
Web Server - Ask For Help / Re: GUID Question
« Last post by rjolda on May 24, 2024, 04:18:38 AM »
Hi,
16 characters - each can have up to 36 choices ( Upper case alphabet) gives you 2.2300745198530623141535718272648e+43  unique values.  Do you need more than that?
If you do, then you can go to 32 characters and you will get 1.5324955408658888583583470271503e+54  values.  You can choose.  Bruce recommends 16 characters but you can zone in on your own comfort zone!
Ron
Web Server - Ask For Help / GUID Question
« Last post by rupertvz on May 24, 2024, 02:54:50 AM »
Hi Guys,

All my GUID's are 16 characters, and relations between my tables are all GUID based lately.

A .Net developer told me that the GUID should ideally be 32 characters.

Does this mean moving forward it is best to cater for 32 bit GUID's in my tables, or will 16 characters suffice for the foreseeable future.

I did a bit of reading up on this, but would like to hear any comments.
Web Server - Ask For Help / File Upload button on MemForm
« Last post by jking on May 23, 2024, 04:12:36 PM »
Hi Bruce,

I'm trying to use a MemForm, with a single FileUpload button on it, to upload files to the web\uploads folder.  The web log does show the POST /dataupload event but the actual file is not in the uploads folder.  I have tried this running a local exe and also from a server using a dll with the multi-site host.

I have run the example app, which uses a normal NetWebForm, and the file does get uploaded properly.  Is it possible it won't work with a MemForm?

Thanks,

Jeff King
Web Server - Ask For Help / Partial Save?
« Last post by JohanR on May 22, 2024, 12:40:33 AM »
Hi,

If I want to update other fields in the record, how and where do I set them using a partial save button?
Do I set the session variables, the actual record fields or how?

Have tried, but for some reason the data is not being written to disk,
the partial save works, and it saves the fields from the page, but not the ones I set in the embed.
I did move the code to the embed before the save code. 

thanks

Johan

Web Server - Ask For Help / Re: Colon cleansing?
« Last post by Bruce on May 19, 2024, 10:55:24 PM »
>> and I'm not bright enough to rewrite the label text

rewriting all the prompts for an existing app, especially a larger one, sounds like a lot of work....
Web Server - Ask For Help / Re: Colon cleansing?
« Last post by Jane on May 18, 2024, 12:50:59 PM »
isn't just nostalgia for the DOS days.... So convince away...

Dang, Bruce.
You calling me old?  Old?
Of course I'm old... I program in Clarion!
A kid I worked with 15 years ago used to refer to me as "Old 8-bit."

All right... I'm looking at more commercial websites with an eye toward their use of labels and will rethink things for my current little project.

But dang...  still don't like having my colons eaten!  (If a colon looks stupid on a label and I'm not bright enough to rewrite the label text without a colon then I deserve an ugly label!)

Speaking of appearances... if labels is the new plastics... what do you think about adding an entry in the form field template for CSS for the label the way you have for Prompt and Comment?

Now where'd I leave my 5 1/4 floppy with MASM 5.0???
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10