NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Strange PR 25 behavior  (Read 2764 times)

jtdunn

• View Profile
    • Email
Strange PR 25 behavior
« on: December 23, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
I just upgraded to PR 25 and am now getting these characters: /> all over.  After investigating, I discovered that somehow the p_web.br property is set to /> instead of <br /> or <br></br>.  If I set the p_web.br property at the beginning of my PageHeaderTag (NetWebSource) procedure to <br /><13,10> then all appears to be fine (except that I have a number of other things that used to work and are not working correctly now ... I have more investigating to do on those).

I can't figure out where p_web.br is getting set to: />.  I check the docs and in the PageHeaderTag procedure properties I checked off 'This is a HEADER'.

John

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Strange PR 25 behavior
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »
Hi John,

Perhaps it's just a case of the bad install. Try deleting the netweb.inc and netweb.clw and netweb.tpw from the clarion6\libsrc and \clarion6\3rdparty\libsrc folders, and re-installing.

Regarding the header - for the "page header" procedure the idea is to tick the "this is a header" option ON.

Keep us posted on your progress regarding the \> error.

Cheers
Bruce

jtdunn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 05:16:52 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Yes, I agree that it looks as if something went wrong with the installation because so many things are now broken I don't know where to start.  I have one page where almost all of the buttons do not work (that is, there is no response when clicking on them).  Selecting a record from any look-up browse does not return the selected value and when changing a record via the change button below the browse a file i/o error is displayed although I can change records from the change buttons on the browse itself (as you recall, I experienced this problem on one procedure before).  The delete button under the list/browse is still not working either.

I did check the 'This is a HEADER' to ON (my message was not clear about that) and that did not make a difference with the /> characters being displayed everywhere.

I'm re-installing now with fingers crossed that everything will be all right.

Thanks,

John

jtdunn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 06:34:41 AM »
Hi Bruce,

I installed PR 26 and most of the odd problems have gone away!  That's the good news.  The bad news is that using the large change buttons to change records from a browse produces a file i/o error (but using the browse row change buttons work) and the large select button on lookup browses does not return a record to the calling page (but selecting from a browse row select button does work).  I have removed most of the large delete buttons from my browses so I am not sure if they are still not working.

John

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 09:30:22 PM »
Thanks John - I'm looking into this.

Cheers
Bruce

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile