NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Trusted Certificate  (Read 1825 times)

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
Trusted Certificate
« on: December 14, 2020, 12:26:56 PM »
Hi All,
I have a GoDaddy Trusted Certificate for my domain which is registered through GoDaddy and is hosted on my server.  I got the certificate in 2018 for 2 years and it just expired.  I purchased a renewal of the SSL certificate which they issued and I have downloaded a new .CRT file for my domain.  My SSL which was running with the previous SSL certificate from GoDaddy no longer runs and gives me an SSL error.  The Certificate itself is fine for my domain.  However, my NT 11.44 app will not run in SSL mode.  (It will run without SSL.).  They must have used my original CSR file and private key file to generate the renewed .CRT for my domain. 
Question:  what steps do I have to go through to get new certificate to work with NT 11.44?  Do I need to us the original CSR and PVK to generate a new PFX and all the steps all over again?  Just plopping my new .CRT into my NT app does not run.
TIA,
Ron Jolda

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Trusted Certificate
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 09:03:19 AM »
Hi,
Solved this.  Generated a new CSR with Private Key.  ( Both text files). The big thing was that I generated the Private key along with the CSR!
Submitted new CSR to GoDaddy and re-keyed a new certificate.
Downloaded the new Certificate.
Used open ssl to convert the private key to RSA private key. 
Copied the two files - certificate and RSA key file to Server and it now works!
Ron

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
Re: Trusted Certificate
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 03:55:05 AM »
I little bit late to the party, but this help me with certificates created from IIS, and need to be exported to NetTalk

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSVP8U_9.7.0/com.ibm.drlive.doc/topics/r_extratsslcert.html