NetTalk Central

Author Topic: how to make ssl work  (Read 2784 times)

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
how to make ssl work
« on: December 17, 2007, 05:57:14 PM »
Hi,

I'm having trouble making a SSL webserver and I'm not sure what the problem is. Using V4.28

I have added a global switch to turn SSL on or off (see below), copied Bruces codes and Omited the template code. If it is switched off, it works as normal. If it is switched on I get "unable to connect" in firefox.

I have copied the certificate and key to the certificates folder under the web folder.

I'm using https://...

Can I set SSL globally or do I need to do it on each procedure.

Is there other template code I am not including? (I have tried a version setting SSL on in the main template but still unable to connect)

Do I need to change anything on the firewall or any settings in Firefox to connect? I have set the port to 7088.

If the certificate and CRT do not match what error message would I get when I try to connect?

Any other thoughts?

Kevin

If Glo:SSL = 'Y'
  ThisWebServer.SSL = 1 ! Use SSL to make a Secure Web Server
  ThisWebServer.SSLCertificateOptions.DontVerifyRemoteCertificateCommonName = 1
  ThisWebServer.SSLCertificateOptions.DontVerifyRemoteCertificateWithCARoot = 1
  ThisWebServer.SSLCertificateOptions.CertificateFile = clip('web\') & clip('certificates\' & Clip(Glo:CertificateName)) & '.crt'
!message(clip('web') & '\' & clip('certificates\' & Clip(Glo:CertificateName)) & '.crt')
  ThisWebServer.SSLCertificateOptions.PrivateKeyFile =  clip('web\') & clip('certificates\' & Clip(Glo:CertificateName)) & '.key'
End

Omit('***End***')