NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Using custom CSS files...  (Read 2158 times)

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Using custom CSS files...
« on: June 27, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »
So I'm playing around with the chrome menu.  I wanted to replace the backgroung GIF image (chromebg.gif) with one of my own.  I named it chromebg2.gif (imaginative huh?).  Anyway, I noticed that the chrome menu is mentioned in all.css and - of course - chromemenu.css.  Which CSS file is in control?  All.css or chromemenu.css?  Also, I tried changing the image in both the all.css and chromemenu.css with no success.

Basically, I want to learn how to completely customize the look and feel of my NT web apps.  I've got the basics of creating browses, forms, etc., down.

Thank you!

Don
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Using custom CSS files...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 09:52:04 PM »
All.CSS although that file is also compressed so if you change anything there you would need to compress the file (ref docs).

Generally never mess with Bruces files as the next time you upgrade and replace the web folder you will have to make your changes again. Just create your own file and add it to the global styles template. If you copy the class from the all.css into your own css file you should be able to tweak it and then debug it with firebug. I usually give the class a new name like MyBrowse1 if you can nominate a class in the template.

HTH's

Kev

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 05:31:07 AM »
Hi Do,

This thread;http://www.nettalkcentral.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=116.0
and the link at the bottom of it, should bring you up to speed.

cheers
Bruce

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 08:11:56 AM »
Thanks Bruce! That was exactly the thread I was looking for.
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11