NetTalk Central

Author Topic: How to change the theme or "style" of my web app?  (Read 2189 times)

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
How to change the theme or "style" of my web app?
« on: July 20, 2009, 08:27:41 PM »
First, let me say that during the last week, after owning NetTalk for several months now, I have jumped feetfirst into developing web apps with NetTalk.   It's got a definite learning curve but I really am impressed!  Okay enough of the flattery... ;D

How do I change the background colors and such of my web pages?   Or should I ask, how do I change the overall look and feel of the site?  Right now I'm using the default white background as used with the shipped examples.   They do the job but are a bit plain.

I have used a web editor to add HTML bit and pieces to the header and footer but what else can I do?

I know this may be a complicated question to answer but I would appreciate any input.

Thanks to Capesoft for a great product! (Just a little more flattery upon closing...)

Don
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to change the theme or "style" of my web app?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 11:44:47 PM »
Glad you're liking it Don.

To change the "look" you get into the realm of CSS. there's also gonna be a learning curve there, but it's really quick and easy once you get the hang of it. A good place to start is with this thread;

http://www.nettalkcentral.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=116.0

Cheers
Bruce

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How to change the theme or "style" of my web app?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 05:51:33 AM »
Exactly what I was looking for!!! Thanks Bruce.

Don
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11