NetTalk Central

Author Topic: OT::Error 47  (Read 2305 times)

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
OT::Error 47
« on: March 26, 2012, 01:56:26 AM »
I am getting error 47 when trying to access a file. I cannot see why at all.

Here is the scenario which is a little unusual.

I have created an application which accesses the data files in a folder and then processes these, creating a new file elsewhere to transmit to a server. In order to do this I have created a new dictionary for my application which defines the files to be read and those to be written as they will be in a  different format.

I have the "live" data files which have been built using the existing dictionary table definition in the existing application. I have copied that table using cut and paste into my new dictionary so the format is identical (other than relationships). However I am getting error 47 when my new application runs when the procedure involved opens as the files are listed in Other Files.

This means that although I can get the format of the existing file I cannot get that of the file the application is trying to open so have nothing to compare.

I am not using FM3 because there should be no need since the formats should be identical so I need to find out exactly what is causing error 47. Is there any way I can find out those details?

Thanks

John Fligg

Rob de Jager

• View Profile
Re: OT::Error 47
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 01:00:44 PM »
Hi Johan,

One of two scenarios. Either the data file does not match your dictionary (which is the most likely cause) or the data file is corrupt. To check for corruption, use clarion's TpsFix.

To compare the data file to you dictionary, I would import the suspected datafile into your dictionary and compare it to the original file in your dict. Before the import, you might have to rename the original table name in your dict (so make a copy of the dict). You can also export the dict to txd and read the structures in notepad ++ or so. You might want to check out DMC....I think the DMC tool will do a compare of two files structures for you. Or TopScan both files and compare the two structures side by side.

Cheers

Rob

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:25:03 PM »
Thanks Rob - the trouble is they are identical file structures (they should be as I copied them) and open in TopScan so very weird indeed.

John

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »
It might not be trying to open the file you think. Rename the file you think it is opening with the problem and see if it recreates the file in that folder.

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 02:21:25 PM »
Thanks checked all that. Downloaded DMC by JP but there seemes to be a bug in it. He checked the files for me and there was a data mismatch. I had been looking at the actual structures.

It seems that when C8 converted a C6 dictionary it changed a CString 30 to a String 20 for some reason on one field in one table.

JP's copy of DMC found it!!

Hope it works now!

John