NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Tag filtered records  (Read 2025 times)

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Tag filtered records
« on: April 21, 2009, 02:49:34 AM »
Hi All,

I have EIP tags on a browse. I have this browse embedded in a form with a select all button which will run a server side process and tag all the records and refresh the browse.

The problem I have is if a user that uses a locator (with a contains) to reduce the list of viewable records my process still tags all records. I can see it passes the value I have typed into the locator back to the server but I'm not sure I understand how I know what column is being sorted - the number passed to the server does not seem to tie in with the column on screen.

But is there an easier way to just tap into the view?

Cheers,

Kevin

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tag filtered records
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:00:46 PM »
Hi Kevin,

I've been working on a similar feature for a bit, albeit from a slightly different point of view.
What I did was put a checkbox in the header, next to the header sort. If you click on the ckeckbox then all the visible rows get their check-boxes ticked.

It was a tough call but ultimately I decided to limit the bulk edit to _only_ those records that were visible, even in page loaded mode. That way there are no records "hidden from view" that
get edited.

If it sounds like what you need then let me know and I'll send you some code to try.

The way you're doing it is hard, because the browse only exists while it is being generated. So when the user clicks your select button you need to know "what they see". And that's tricky because any amount of time might have passed, and indeed there may now be records in the View that weren't there when they generated the browse.

Cheers
Bruce

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Tag filtered records
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 11:34:49 PM »
In my case I would need to tag all records, visible or not and it needs to be page loaded as too many records for file loading. Although extra records could be added it would be very rare and my Tag All process is not critical in mass updating or deleting. It is more dumping to Excel or copying records to a new table for editing.

With that extra information is there anything I can do?

Cheers,

Kev