NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT7 attaching browse to Browse  (Read 7240 times)

bruce2

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NT7 attaching browse to Browse
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 01:20:01 AM »
no, probably not the next update.

I've spent the last 2 weeks refactoring the object generation system we use, along with the approach for multi-dll apps, and also support for C8 multi-Proj across the tools. It's been a huge task but I think all the under-pinnings are ok now. I've completed 19 products so far, and I have about 8 or 9 more to do before they're all up to the same standard.

You've seen some of the results of that already with the StringTheory build causing NT apps to crash if the ST global extension is not added. So as soon as I've got this task complete I need to post an NT update (NT is one of the very few tools we make, that's shipped as objects in source code, but which is unaffected by the change) so that there is an error generated if ST is missing.

So I won't be making major changes for the next build, just the accumulated fixes, and the warning.

But hopefully I will be able to work on it a bit after that.

First I have to get my big app to build so I can be sure the new underlying system is actually working and I can release all the changes I've made to the other products.

It's been a huge job, and it sweeps across almost all the products, but the result is a much more consistent experience, and also some consistency for the products going forward.

Cheers
Bruce

olu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 07:51:44 AM »
Hi Bruce,
  Its been over two months ago I first raised this issue which you said you were going to look at, but still waiting please can you look at this now.

estadok

• View Profile
    • EstaSoft
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 10:07:30 PM »
Hi!

I agree with Olu. That's would be very useful for NT apps
Clarion 9.0.10376
NetTalk 7.26
SecWin 6.25
StringTheory 1.92

olu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 12:10:56 PM »
Hi Bruce,
    PLEASE PLEASE when are you going to look at this issue!

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 02:27:06 AM »
I've not been ignoring it Olu.
Unfortunately it is proving to be a very tough nut to crack. With 7.11 I'm simplified some of the internal architecture though which I think might help so I can take another crack at it.

cheers
Bruce