NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetTalk and Capesoft - Thanks!!!  (Read 4719 times)

springguy

• View Profile
    • Email
NetTalk and Capesoft - Thanks!!!
« on: June 22, 2013, 02:00:36 AM »
Bruce,
While still in test mode, I put together a small SOAP server and added the client code to a desktop application that my ministries use.  This allows the client applications to check in with the SOAP server to see if there there are important messages that need to be highlighted to the client users (who are all non-technical ministry volunteers).

Here is what I wanted to say publicly to you Bruce.  There is no way that someone with my relatively low skills could have ever even dreamed of these kinds of enhancements without Capesoft's incredible tools - especially NetTalk.  I am not a "professional" programmer - but just a guy who sees how custom applications can "change the game" for ministries, and so I now create such apps as a full time ministry.  My skill levels are not that sophisticated, but Clarion and Capesoft allow me to help make a difference - perhaps even "Kingdom" difference for these ministries.

And, I just wanted to say "thank you" for your enabling work.  It is making a difference for guys like me, and I suspect for a lot of others.  Keep up the fantastic work and let your team know how much you guys and your efforts are appreciated.
Mike Springer

Johan de Klerk

• Johan de Klerk
    • View Profile
    • Designer Software
Re: NetTalk and Capesoft - Thanks!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 02:08:46 AM »
I agree 200% with Mike.

CapeSoft tools ROCKS.

Regards

Johan de Klerk
Clarion 10, NT 11.57

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 06:40:37 AM »
Agreed.  I use quite a few Capesoft products and all have been supported beautifully..especially NetTalk.

Don
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

Rene Simons

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 07:04:22 AM »
Hi,

I even dare to state that Clarion wouldn't be where it is now when Capesoft wasn't around.
I mean, the NetTalk Central forum isn't only a Q&A for NetTalk users. "Ordinary" Clarion users can learn  loads about Clarion here.

Capesoft makes complicated stuff easy to use.

You always get a response within a reasonable amount of time and 99% of the responses help you to go on with your project.

A few months back I had to install a NTWS application for a client. It took me 15 minutes (copying files  from my usb-stick and some preparations and we were up and running.
Later on they wanted the app on a different machine. Copy----Paste <= 10 mins..  AWSOME!!

Cheers,

Rene
Rene Simons
NT14.14

Devan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »
I know right ?!?

IMO - Deployment is about the most head slapping easiest thing in the world.

After doing several IIS, Apache etc. installations that have eaten up a whole day, I must say that NTWS installs are so easy that I've befuddled many an IT provider.  They keep asking me for lengthy installation documents and change specs and registry settings etc., and I just say "Copy the file into a folder, any folder, then run the EXE".  They simply cannot believe that you can deploy a web server like that.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 11:53:18 PM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the kind words - our contribution is a small one in the chain, but if it ends up making a Kingdom difference then we'll be well pleased with that. We don't always know the effect we have, or the ones downstream from us who are affected, but feedback is always welcome, and it certainly helps when you know you're making a difference to peoples lives. I think that applies to all folk on this forum - as programmers all, we don't always see the difference we make - but if someone's life is better today because of our efforts then there's a quiet satisfaction that comes from that.

>> Devan: IMO - Deployment is about the most head slapping easiest thing in the world.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but this is not an accident. Indeed deployment was the original need for the NetTalk web server in the first place. Whenever people discuss which tool to do web development it pretty much never comes up. For us though it was the primary issue - we have something between 5000 and 10000 installed customers, and if installation is not trivial then it becomes impossible for us to support. It's a very "boring" part of selecting a tool, but from my point of view one of the most important.

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone.

cheers
Bruce

ccordes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 04:10:40 AM »
NetTalk is the main reason I've used Clarion for so long. So I'd like to say Thanks for coming out to Newark, NJ , Bruce. (oh man, that seems like a long time ago) The NetTalk app I wrote shortly after is still running.

Keep up the great work!

Chris C.
Real programmers use copy con newapp.exe

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 05:28:48 AM »
I recommend the NetTalk training in June Chris - (see www.cidc2013.com for details.) 
I can't reveal too much at this point, but those who come to the 2 day training there will not be disappointed...

ccordes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 06:02:46 AM »
Impossible for me I'm afraid.
My workload and time management have gotten entirely out of control.
I will be watching the Friday webinar, though.
Real programmers use copy con newapp.exe