NetTalk Central

Author Topic: IE11  (Read 2000 times)

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
IE11
« on: December 18, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »
FYI
Internet explorer 11 (IE11) on net talk 7.31 is being identified as a "Mozilla" browser. IE11 on Win 7 seems to work fine with my Nettalk server apps. But I have had problems with IE11 on win 2008 server. Here, sometimes the form buttons where not working. It may have to do with browser being in restricted mode.  I have not done much work to find the cause though. Will NT be configured with a browser specific scripts for IE11?

Thanks
Rob.   

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IE11
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 10:24:16 PM »
will be in in the next build Rob.
I think you're right regarding compatibility mode. There was a header added for IE10 support and I guess that needs to be extended for IE11.

Ideally I'll get it "forward compatible" so it doesn't have to be tweaked with every IE release, but IE is changing a lot at the moment so it's not hard to predict what the next version will use.

cheers
Bruce

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 08:58:17 AM »
Hi Bruce,
The IE11 on win 2008 server has Enhanced Security Configuration enabled (not restricted mode). I believe this is just higher security levels for internet. I set my web site as a trusted site and dropped the security on trusted sites to the lowest level. But I still have issues with IE11 on the win 2008 server.
I have a web page with form and a browse templates. The form has buttons above the browse that sets a session variable that changes the browses conditional filters. Below the browse are buttons that process the selected record. When the page first appears, all buttons work.  When the user press the button to change the filter, the browse response with new list of  records. After the new filtered list is displayed, the buttons below the browser no longer operate, and no transmission (gets or posts) are seen at the server when these buttons are pushed.  No errors are displayed on IE developers (F12) console. However, all the other buttons work, e.g. browse navigation buttons, the browse filter buttons above the browse. Also selecting records on the browse is sending "Get" transmissions to server. If I refresh the web page, the lower buttons start working again. And the weird part, everything works fine with IE11 running on Win7 computers that we have at the office.  I will try to tests with a few virtual Win 2008 server, to see if this issue is just on this server. The virtual servers will need to have IE11 installed first.  I do not believe that any of my customers would ever use Win 2008 server OS as clients, so problem is not pressing to me, but I thought you may wish to know what I observed.

Rob

Mike McLoughlin

• View Profile
    • Clarion Templates
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 03:20:42 AM »
Here's a handy link for anyone having problems with IE 11

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn338138.aspx

Microsoft have described it as "Problems after installing Internet Explorer 11" 

Mike

Mike McLoughlin