NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Problem with browse paging when xhtml in column is checked  (Read 1699 times)

LSlowick

• View Profile
    • Email
Problem with browse paging when xhtml in column is checked
« on: August 21, 2013, 12:07:51 PM »
Hi,

I have a browse on a form that will not page next or previous if I have the 'allow xhtml in column' checked.

This browse has 11 columns, the 9th column marked as last on line and then has two more columns. With column 11 set to span 'loc:columns-1'.

Column 11 is a cstring(501) and in code I'm looping through a note file and building the string such that I have a string something like this "this is the 1st line<br>this is the 2nd line<br>" .

When I have the 'allow xhtml in column' check the 1st pages looks great and the 2nd row height adjusts to handle the number of breaks in the last column string, BUT... I can't get it to page next. Clicking the button I see the little circle process icon start and stop but the page in the browse doesn't change. If I click 'refresh' in my browser it resends and refreshes the page AND the browse changes to the 2nd page.  This symptom happens when I then click previous too.

If I uncheck the allow xhtml in column then the browse functions normally pages back and forth without a problem but my last column on the 2nd row of each group is no longer formated correctly.

I've attached screen shots of the browse with the 1st attachment showing the desired look but paging not working.

Thanks for any help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

LSlowick

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Problem with browse paging when xhtml in column is checked
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 12:10:49 PM »
Sorry... and my question was...

Am I using the 'allow xhtml in column' incorrectly and if so what should I be doing to acheive the desired look?

Thanks
Lee

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »
usual cause is invalid xhtml which is a stricter syntax than html

LSlowick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »
Kevin,

Ok. I'll check that and try changing my html code I put into the line.

What I was doing was:

L:Method = L:Method & CLIP(MFM:METHODS) & '<br>'

I looked up the xhtml and its not clear to me, but changing something so simple to match the xhtml syntax seemed to work. I changed the '<br>' tag to '<br />' ... and it now works.

Thanks again for the help.
Lee