NetTalk Central

Author Topic: popups  (Read 1614 times)

alan

• View Profile
    • Email
popups
« on: August 16, 2013, 12:47:13 AM »
Hi Bruce,

There are a couple pages (a webpage and a webform) I would like to call directly from the topmost level of the main menu.  That doesn't seem to work.  I can only get popups to work from level 1.

Along the same lines, is it possible to popup a webpage or webform from an anchor tag in a webpage's xhtml?

Thanks
Alan Schoolcraft

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: popups
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 01:09:33 AM »
>> There are a couple pages (a webpage and a webform) I would like to call directly from the topmost level of the main menu.  That doesn't seem to work.  I can only get popups to work from level 1.

what menu type?

>> Along the same lines, is it possible to popup a webpage or webform from an anchor tag in a webpage's xhtml?

yes, use the "Hyperlink" tab for the browse, for form field - you should be able to popup from there.

alan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:53:32 AM »
Bruce,

Question 1:
>>what menu type?
I'm using a DoubleDropMenu.

Question 2:
>>yes, use the "Hyperlink" tab for the browse, for form field - you should be able to popup from there.

I guess I wasn't very clear.  Using the XHtml tab on the NetWebPage procedure template, I'm hand coding several pages that provide informational content to the user.  Those pages include <a href="......> tags (hyperlinks?) to other NetWebPages and NetWebForms.

I would like those hyperlilnked pages and forms to generate as popups.  Is that possible in NT? (presently I have popup options set on the linked form's layout tab but it doesn't open popped up)

Since I don't see any setting relating to popups on the NetWebPage template, I'm guessing they can't be popups?

.....I love popups - they make navigation so clear and simple for the user.

Thanks
Alan Schoolcraft

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 05:56:56 AM »
>> Is that possible in NT?

Possible yes - easy no. Popups aren't really "other pages" they're incorporated into the page that's already there - just invisibly. Coding them onto "html" pages takes a fairly strong knowledge of html & javascript and jquery. It's not easy to do.

It's probably better if you start with a blank memory form as your "container" - then embed varius stuff (like display fields) onto that. you've got more chance of making popups that way.

I'll check into the menu thing.

cheers
Bruce