NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Memory driver table on web server problem  (Read 1361 times)

johanco123

• View Profile
    • Email
Memory driver table on web server problem
« on: March 09, 2013, 02:50:45 AM »
Hi Bruce

I use the Memory driver in a procedure to select sql data to a file. This is working fine, only when one user use it, but when more than one user uses it at the same time, the data records are deleted in the table, updated with the new sql query and display the data in the web browser, but when I view the data with a web form the record does not exist.

Is there a way that you can set the memory driver to use  the users computer to store the memory driver table and not on the web server, because this is the problem.

Any suggestions

Many thanks
Johan

Rene Simons

• View Profile
Re: Memory driver table on web server problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 10:09:10 AM »
Hi Johan,
It is important to know that a memory table is accessible to everyone who uses the application. I.e. All users of the web-app. The smart thing to do is to include the session-id in every record in the file. This field can be used to filter the irrelevant records out so that the user only sees his or her data.

Cheers,
Rene
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:26:07 AM by Rene Simons »
Rene Simons
NT14.14

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Memory driver table on web server problem
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:02:37 PM »
Hi Johan,

>> Is there a way that you can set the memory driver to use  the users computer to store the memory driver table and not on the web server, because this is the problem.

no, you can't store it in the browser itself. that would be the wrong approach for a whole bunch of reasons.

The key is what Rene said.

cheers
Bruce