NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Multi-Line Row  (Read 1963 times)

RichBowman

• View Profile
    • Email
Multi-Line Row
« on: February 23, 2012, 06:36:28 AM »
I have a simple browse with 2 lines per row. The first column is Description1 and Description2 with <br /> (XHTML turned on for this column) so that Description1 displays on the first line of the row and Description2 on the second. If Description2 is blank only 1 line of the row displays. I worked around this by putting a '.' in Description2 if it is blank. Is there a way to force the second line to display without putting a period in Description2?

Thank you,

Rich

bruce2

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Multi-Line Row
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
Have you tried putting a /br at the end of description 2?

RichBowman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 05:08:15 AM »
Putting a </br> at the end of Description2 does not work.

BTW, I had another experience with "Validate Update does not fire" in the Login form. My app is not large so I stripped down the .dct and converted the files from Btreive to TPS. By then, though, enough had changed that when I re-compiled the app it worked. There's definitely a random problem there somewhere. If you can handle Btreive files I might be able to send the app and dct to you as is the next time it happens.

Thank you,

Rich

p.s. using NT 6.21 and CW 8.0.8778

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 11:36:11 PM »
>> Putting a </br> at the end of Description2 does not work.

Can you post a small example here, with some data, so we can see what you're doing, and what you want to do?

>> I had another experience with "Validate Update does not fire" in the Login form.

this is caused by the IDE mis-generating the WebServer procedure.
The quickest solution is to touch some setting in the WebServer so it can generate it again.

cheers
Bruce