NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Possible bug in lookups?  (Read 1850 times)

Devan

• View Profile
    • Email
Possible bug in lookups?
« on: December 09, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »
Hey all,

I have a simple order entry NT7 site.  Got the usual Order Items browse with a button to 'Add' a new line which goes to an Item Add NetWebForm.  On this form is the field for the Product Code (read only), with a Lookup button that calls a Product List NetWebBrowse so that the user can search/select an item.

Now, we've noticed that many users click on the lookup button to bring up the list, then they type in a search filter which returns NO results in the browse.  Problem is - they tend to click the 'Select' button to close the window.

This tends to return garbage(?) data back to the product code field.  It is usually 6 to 8 uppercase alphabetic characters.  I am assuming it is some sort of hash being generated by NT in the background.

No problems if they [Esc] or click the 'x' to close the browse window.  Only if they click 'Select'.

My question is - is it possible to disable the 'Select' button if a search filter returns no records?  If not, is there a condition that I could apply in the browse properties to disable/hide that button when there are no records to choose?

Thanks,
Devan

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug in lookups?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:50:14 PM »
>> My question is - is it possible to disable the 'Select' button if a search filter returns no records?

yes, I think that would be a good idea. I'll see what I can do.

cheers
Bruce

Devan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 03:54:03 AM »
Hey Bruce,

Just wondering if this issue has been resolved in the latest build?

I've checked through the history logs on the website, but nothing jumped out at me...

Cheers,
Devan

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:45:03 PM »
added in 7.35