NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Color picker - location  (Read 3077 times)

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
Color picker - location
« on: February 12, 2020, 11:17:25 AM »
Hi, Bruce

This might be new but I suspect it just hasn't been an issue for me before.  When the color picker icon is clicked, the widget opens at the top left of the page. Normally, that is not a problem but when the picker icon is located well down the page, the widget is not visible to the user unless they scroll to the top. It just looks like nothing happened when they click.

I compared the picker properties to those of the date widget and can see that the location is set in the in-line style properties which makes a simple CSS modification ineffective. Is there a way of moving the widget without getting into the NT source code? If not, could you add putting the same location code used for the date widget into the color picker code on your list of useful, but not urgent adjustments. Thanks.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Color picker - location
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 12:07:10 AM »
Hi Casey,

In the example (Hotdate (12) the picker appears at the same place as the lookup button.
So maybe you can make a small example app for me showing the effect where it opens in the top corner of the page?

cheers
bruce

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 02:57:18 PM »
Thanks for the pointer, Bruce

I found the source of the problem.  If Show Entry Field is turned off, the position of the color picker is top left of the page rather than just under the field/button. Most users aren't interested in the actual color code so if it is possible to anchor the color picker to the button instead of the field, it would make for less clutter on forms.  Still, better a bit of clutter than a control that opens outside the user's screen, so thanks again.   

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 02:58:55 AM »
done for 11.33

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 10:22:58 AM »
Great.  Thanks.

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Color picker - location - NT 11.35
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 03:34:21 PM »
Hi, Bruce

I updated from 11.32 to 11.35 yesterday and saw in the Hot Dates example that the problem had been fixed. But in my app it remains.  I checked to make sure that new script and css files were copied into the app Web folders, ran Gzipall and cleared the cache in my browser(s) to no avail.  I suspect I am just missing the right script file, so if you could let me what it is I will track it down.   Thanks.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 10:35:30 PM »
a) in web\scripts folder delete all .gz files
(while you're at it you can do style files as well.)

b) run gzipall.bat

c) on server clean out the scripts folder

d) deploy result of b) to server

e) restart server.exe

f) might need to Ctrl-F5 in browsers

cheers
Bruce

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 04:46:05 PM »