NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Web Server and Oracle  (Read 2630 times)

Sibuya

• View Profile
    • Email
Web Server and Oracle
« on: May 11, 2018, 05:38:34 PM »
I have an application running NT NetSimple with Oracle without any problems using Instant ClientV11.2.0.1. Application gets Oracle data using SQL:Prop.

When trying to migrate using NT WebServer it crashes with access violation 0x00000005 when trying to get the same data using Service Method and same SQL:PROP expression.

At beginning I thought that it might be Instant Client and tried to use last version V12.2.0.1 (32 bits) without any success.

Is there any adivce to this migration?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Marcos Sibuya

NT 9.31 + Clarion 8 Enterprise

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Web Server and Oracle
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 12:01:28 AM »
Hi Marcos,

There's no really difference between a desktop app and a web app as far as Clarion / Data is concerned.

Perhaps experiment a bit by just doing some regular data access, in the web server app, under a button or whatever as a test.
ie the "web server" part should be fine as long as the clarion application can talk to the Oracle server fine...

cheers
Bruce

Sibuya

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Web Server and Oracle
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 01:31:38 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Sorry for delay. It was my fault declaring a queue. Web Server is working fine!

I tested in a "standard method" way with no source code declaring table parameter and returning view.

In my application I'm using source code to construct my own prop:sql to build a queue and returning it. Using SecWin too.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Marcos