NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Suggestions for interfacing to another web system  (Read 2039 times)

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
Suggestions for interfacing to another web system
« on: January 23, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »
Hi all, I want to interface to another system where you normally put in a serial number and it returns information about the product. I need to retrieve this information instead, and the other vendor provides CSV or XML files.

I need to figure out the best way to take this file (which can have more than one record) and have my NTW system create new records from this file. My thought is to upload the CSV or XML file, like I would with a photo, and have a timer on my web server page look for the files and add the records to the database. Is there another way to handle this with NTW? I can't think of a way to send XML to a web page and have it do something, but wasn't sure if I'm missing anything. Thanks! Mike
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

Graham

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions for interfacing to another web system
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 08:43:19 AM »
Hi Mike,

One thing I do is when my NTW loads, I START a seperate Window proc with a timer which allows me to do any manner of background/scheduled stuff over and above the NTW serving pages eg. Send emails, clean up temp files/folders etc.

As to your question, I assume you're talking about a web page where you enter your Serial Number?  Would a posting the Serial Number to this web page using a NT WebClient not do the job?

You would get the XML/CSV response back in the WebClient which you can handle as you need?

Or have I missed something?

Regards
Graham