NetTalk Central

Author Topic: SelfService example 55  (Read 3150 times)

bergsj

• MSN Messenger - swjvandenberg@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
SelfService example 55
« on: January 09, 2009, 05:18:14 AM »
Hello,

On the Capesoft site in the documentation of SelfService it says:

"WebServer - An Example is included with NetTalk 4.31 (and higher) which demonstrates adding a Web Server to a program using Self-Service.
the example can be found in the \clarion6\3rdparty\examples\NetTalk\Web Server\ServicesRequiresSelfService (55) folder."

I have installed 4.31 and I cannot find this example. Someone else has this? Or some other way of explaining the service installation in combination with NetTalk?

Thanx! Sjoerd
Greetz,
Sjoerd

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SelfService example 55
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 08:58:46 AM »
Hi Sjoerd,

I'm not sure if the example is omitted on purpose, or it's just been overlooked.

I've attached it here (without the web folder, be sure to copy a web folder in...)
Let me know if you have any hassles - like I say, I'm not sure if it's been excluded on purpose.

Cheers
Bruce

[attachment deleted by admin]

bergsj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 05:26:03 AM »
Bruce,

The example works fine. But if I add the global extension Activate Capesoft SelfService and add the control to install and start the service it does not work. This is part of the debug log:

[3636] [SelfService] InstallService() CPortal Service was installed successfully. Name = [CPortal] DisplayName = [CPortal] Description = [<Your Service Description>] Executable = [C:\Develop\CleanPortal\CPortal.exe]
[3636] [SelfService] StartService() CPortal Service failed to start. |Can't start service. |Error = The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. (1053) |Name = [CPortal]

As you can see, the service is installed correctly, but then cannot start. If I try this manually I get the same error.
Any suggestions?
Greetz,
Sjoerd

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 12:32:49 AM »
HiSjoerd,

a) put in a proper description.
b) make sure you've read the Self Service docs, especially the "Ground Rules" section.

Given that you can run the example ok, the next step is to compare the settings in the example, with the settings in your app.

Cheers
Bruce

bergsj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 11:24:28 PM »
It's working, not sure what I did, but only enabling the SS globally eventually did the trick.

Thanks!
Greetz,
Sjoerd