NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Webserver run as Service but shutdown without errors  (Read 3945 times)

johanco123

• View Profile
    • Email
Webserver run as Service but shutdown without errors
« on: November 21, 2016, 10:26:25 PM »
Hi Bruce
I start my webserver as a service without a problem under administrator account. The service will run sometimes for hours without a problem and then suddenly the service stop without any error or GPF error. The webserver.exe is still available in the task manager but nobody can connect with their web browser. Must first end the task in the task manager and then start the service and then it will be available for maybe an hour and then the service stop.

Any suggestions to capture if there is any error or something else that i must look into.

Using NT9.15, ST2.51, Selfservice 3.43 HyperActive 2.20 and winEvent 3.86

Kind regards
Johan

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Webserver run as Service but shutdown without errors
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 04:11:39 AM »
Hi Johan,

do you get the same problems if you run as an exe not service?

oggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 04:39:21 AM »
Same problem, even when run like a service or exe. After some times (some times few hours, some times couple of days) all slows down and suddenly there is no response. Must be killed and restarted.
NT 7.4, MSSQL Express. Maybe the problem is in database?!?!
Regards, Oggy

johanco123

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 01:52:21 AM »
I ran it now as exe for about 20hours. Then it crash again. I was able to capture the error in DebugView++.

The error was:
[tc][4] Attempt to cache too big Exception occurred at address 01011CB5
Exception code C0000005: Access Violation
Thread 4  Handle=00000998  TID=6072
Thread 4  Handle=00000998  TID=6072

Any idea what will cause this cashe exception error.

In the webserver procedure - extensions -performance tab -the 'Cash Files Less than' = 1000000 and the Max Cashe size = 50000000 and Max Pool Threads =1000

Will it help to increase the Max Cashe size?

There is at this stage a max of 5 users concurrently connected to the server.

It is a memory form that auto connect to the server open about 10 files and there is also a file Upload where the client can attach documents to the request. After that it is a code in the validate all embed where all the processing and saving of the information takes place. At the end it send an email.

Will the number and size of the attached files be possible cause of the server crash?

While the server is running the memory use is increasing without clearing the memory after the transaction was completed . I there a way that you can free the memory if the form/process was completed?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Kind regards
Johan

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 11:05:03 PM »
This is a straight-forward GPF.

you've got multiple lines in the Debugview log, but they're not necessarily related.
Incidentally that line about the cache comes from AnyText.

I suggest you debug the GPF in the normal way, using GPF Reporter, or the Clarion debug runtime.
Once you have a GPF Report it will be a lot easier to close in on the source of the GPF.

cheers
Bruce

johanco123

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 11:06:20 PM »
Hi Bruce

I upgrade AnyText, GUTS and Winevent to Winevent3.99 (Rollback to WinEvent3.99 as I still get that compile errors of WinEvent5)

I ran the application as a EXE for 4 days without any crashing. I start the application as a service as administrator. The service start. I can login with the browser and when i go to a browse and double on the row for instance to open the form in change mode, the webserver freeze. The webserver.exe is still in memory but not responding.

The exe is running without problems.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards
Johan

AtoB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 05:30:06 AM »
Hi Johan,

just some shots in the dark:

- maybe you can turn on driver tracing (trace.exe) and see wether it freezes on the some spot every time
- maybe refine a lttle by adding an OutputDebugView command here and there (does it actually "reach" the form procedure?, if so, to what point?)

don't know what back end and Clarion version you're using, but sql/odbc is a little flaky in recent versions of c10 (but then it shouldn't make any difference wether it runs as a service ...)

regards,
Ton

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 02:27:39 AM »
I don't know what is wrong with your server in service mode Johan - maybe a permissions issue or a dependency issue? (for example if the server is using MsSql then you should make MsSql a dependency so that Sql starts before the web server...)

Have you worked through the service documentation?
http://www.capesoft.com/docs/SelfService/selfservice.htm#GroundRules

cheers
Bruce