NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Odd Error with In Memory Tables in my NetTalk site  (Read 1239 times)

Devan

• View Profile
    • Email
Odd Error with In Memory Tables in my NetTalk site
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
This may not strictly be a NetTalk issue, but I thought I would raise it here for the gurus...

I am using an In Memory table on one of my NetWebBrowse/NetWebForms.  It is basically a temporary table that gets used to generate a PDF report then discarded when the user moves on.

Problem is, I am getting the occasional error: 'Access Denied - Could not get write access to 'memtablename' so trying read-only'.  <- Note: This is a dialog box that pops up on the server.  The user never sees anything in the browser.

It doesn't happen all the time - only once in every 5 or 6 attempts to save information.  What is happening here?  I didn't think Memory tables could have this sort of issue?  Certainly wouldn't be deadlocks happening on a memory table.... would there?

Cheers,
Devan

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Error with In Memory Tables in my NetTalk site
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 10:24:07 PM »
I've never seen this error with a MemTable Devan, and I can't think of any circumstances when you'd get it. I guess the really obvious question is - are you _sure_ it's a memtable? Go to the file declaration in the app CLW and check.

cheers
Bruce