NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Memory Form Time Display (V4.29)  (Read 6555 times)

Rob Mikkelsen

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - flashpott
    • View Profile
    • Email
Memory Form Time Display (V4.29)
« on: February 26, 2008, 01:15:26 PM »
This simple function is eluding me and driving me to distraction...

I have a memory form that am trying to use to enter times for a lookup.  To activate the lookup, I simply loop back to the same page and execute The lookup is accomplished via a net source call <!-- AircraftHistoryExportTag -->.  I have displayed the data sent to the source routine.  Both the Value and SessionValue generated by the form are correct for all fields, including the times as entered.    However, when the form reloads, the time displayed is 00:00:00, although the value and sessionvalue passed to the routine after the form is created display the correct time value (long integer). 

Submitting the form a second time then resets the time value to 1 to reflect the 00:00:00 time displayed in the form.

I have tried field priming as well as setting the picture ( p_Web.SetPicture('AcHistoryStartTime','@T04') to no avail.

How do I reload the time fields (Time picture '@T04') so the time will display correctly on reloading?

Thanks!

Rob

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Memory Form Time Display (V4.29)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »
Hi Rob,

I think I need to see an example of what you're doing. Without it, it's hard to say exactly where you're going wrong.

Cheers
Bruce

Rob Mikkelsen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 06:16:03 AM »
Quite true, Bruce.  I have stripped all the nonessential stuff from the app (gee, it comes out a LOT faster than it goes in!) and have attached it for your review.

I had hoped that by preparing this that I would find the problem, but no such luck.

This app calls the <!-- Net:AircraftHistoryExportTag --> after the form is generated.  When the "Save" button is pressed, the original page is recalled.  The Exporttag displays all the correct information, but the times are both reset to 00:00:00.  A subsequent press of the "Save" button reflects the midnight time in the export tag.

I am sure the answer is extremely simple and will be a real gobsmacker.  However, at this point, I am fully prepared to feel foolish.

Thanks!

Rob

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 02:59:52 AM »
Arg - I worte a long answer, but this daft forum software decided I couldn't attach an APP file, so threw the answer away as well...

In short though

a) you'll need version 4.30 Pre Release 7 or later

b) I've made the field priming tab on memory forms work - and added a feature to "only prime if it
doesn't already exist". So I've removed your hand-code to do that.

c) The send-new-value-to-server setting is not necessary for what you are doing, but doesn't hurt.

d) The bug you found started out small - but became quite complex to fix. I've done the fix though in 4.30 (Pr7). Thanks for the example it was really helpful.

e) your updated example is attached for your reference. Note particularly the code in the NetWebSource procedure.

Now that's the short answer -imagine what the long one was like ....

Cheers
Bruce

Rob Mikkelsen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 06:49:14 AM »
Thanks, Bruce!  As usually, you have exceeded my expectations (and I have rather high expectations!).

My original post of the example was a lot longer as well but I was bitten by the same posting bug.  I guess brevity is encouraged in this forum...  Perhaps John Hickey can add the .APP as an acceptable extension.

I assume by reading the post on V4.30 pre-release that it is relatively stable so I will jump in and upgrade to it if/when PR7 is available.

I ticked on the send value to server at the last minute thinking that was the problem.  It is comforting in a strange way to know that it really was a bug and not a "user" problem.

Did you know that my investment in NetTalk saved the US Governement about $1M?  My users are thrilled with the web interface I created with NetTalk.  Imagine how thrilled they will be when I finally learn how to use it! <g>

Thanks again for the world-class support.

Rob

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:38:35 PM »
Hi Rob,

>> Did you know that my investment in NetTalk saved the US Governement about $1M?

I didn't, but I hope they sent some of that in your direction. Better yet, convince them to send some of it in my direction <bg>...

cheers
Bruce

Rob Mikkelsen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »
Bruce,

Since I work for them, the fame and glory is all that is included in my employment package.  Unfortunately, major bonuses are not.  However, I know that they will be easily convinced to send me to the next "World Tour" you throw (although it would have to be SOMEWHERE in the US).

Speaking of which - do you think there will ever be another?

Rob

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 09:20:54 PM »
Hi Rob,

We're taking a year off this year to get some work done <g>.
But yes, I think some training next year is on the cards.

Cheers
Bruce

Rob Mikkelsen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 10:12:24 PM »
Bruce,

Sounds great!

I grabbed PR7 and installed it.  It worked beautifully!  Thanks for taking care of this problem.  Time to, as you say, .Zip and Ship.

Looking back at the pages that I have written over the last several months, I noticed that I avoided using times - probably for that specific reason.  I guess I will have to revise those puppies.

Keep me on your list when you do start putting together another tour.  It took me quite a while to recover from that intensive week in Las Vegas - I can imagine that after several weeks of that you would not be real anxious for a repeat performance! <g>

Rob

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 06:45:00 AM »
Hi Rob,

I've had a couple bug reports with PR7, so perhaps wait a day or two before shipping. I'll do another build on Monday.

Cheers
Bruce

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 06:15:45 AM »
PR7a is uploaded.

Cheers
Bruce

Rob Mikkelsen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 11:57:54 AM »
Thanks!  I'll take her out for a spin.

Rob Mikkelsen

• View Profile
    • Email
Memory Form Time Display Regression
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 01:24:49 PM »
Bruce, 

I installed V4.31 PR20 and there appears to be a regression with the memory form time display.  I ran the example app you attached above and the time reset to 00:00.

I have attached your original example in case changing the Subject breaks the thread.

Rob

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 12:16:55 AM »
Hi Rob,

I hesitate to ask what build you were upgrading _from_ because the code involved hasn't changed in quite some time <g>...

But thanks for the report - I've sorted it out for PR 24.

Cheers
Bruce

Rob Mikkelsen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 07:25:53 AM »
I was running a previous PR of 4.31, but I could not remember which one; therefore. I reverted to V4.30 which fixed the problem.

Perhaps I am the only one that needs it, but my users noticed immediately when the times reset back to 00:00 when the page reloaded!

Thanks for taking care of it for me.

Rob